Drawing and Document Management
Streamline drawing management
- Import drawings from almost any software (from an Excel drawing list or 3D modeling software) using an importing engine that provides full revision and image file management.
- Enter drawings manually, including simultaneous entry of a block of drawings by defining a drawing number scheme or by dragging and dropping multiple image files.
- Set up translations on the fly during the import process for trouble-free revision imports.
- Prevent costly mistakes by staying on top of drawing status and history (by drawing type and project) with one-click access to a real-time electronic drawing log.
Avoid delays and keep approvals on track
- Customize the fully integrated transmittal system to trigger automatic status updates (as drawings are sent and received) to match your company’s drawing approval and release process.
- Send and receive drawings of different types and statuses on the same transmittal, then receive and track partial quantities against associated transmittals.
- Email transmittals and get automatic attachment of the drawings or upload to an FTP site.
- Easily track response due dates and overdue responses with automatically generated Microsoft Outlook reminders and visual status cues.
Manage changes and prevent bottlenecks
- Get automatic discrepancy notifications when revisions require assembly, part or material changes.
- Notifications flow to other affected areas also (e.g., BOM, POs, fabrication releases, etc.).
- Quickly identify drawings released to the shop that have a more recent revision.
- Review assembly weight by drawing status every time you go to the drawings’ work area.
- Prevent bottlenecks with real-time company-wide pipeline data presented in chart form.
Want to learn more?